Friday, September 17, 2010

Show Us Your Life- Living Rooms

Kelly at Kelly's Korner is back again with "Show Us Your Life" Fridays. I am so excited she is doing the home tours again. I did not participate the last time, and with just having moved into my apartment a few months ago, have plenty of pictures to share!



This week it is living rooms.








This is the view of my living room from my dining nook. The front door is in the middle, and there is a coat closet where I keep my out-of-season clothes, formal and semi-formal dresses, various tools, and my vacuum cleaner. My curtains are about the same color as my furniture, and let a lot of natural light in, which I like considering there is no overhead lighting. I got my lamps (there are 4 of them) at Wal-Mart in a set for a relatively good price. Lamps are so expensive, and I didn't realize it until I had to get some. They came in a set, and I just love them.








I have had my TV stand since I was in high school, so it is old but it works perfectly for an apartment. I am not crazy about this shot because it looks so cluttered, but it really works well, and my bookshelf is used for books as well as to display mementos, pictures, and other items.






I wanted to add a variety of pillows to my couch to give it a 'pop of color'. I love my couch and chair. There is also an over sized ottoman that is in my dining nook and another chair at my parent's house. I got everything for $450 used from a lady who was selling them. They are very comfortable. I bought the four square pillows at World Market (love that store!), the round pillows I had, and the throw was a gift from a friend of my cousin who was from Taiwan.

I hope you have enjoyed exploring my little living room! It is cozy, but it is my first 'big girl' apartment, and I am enjoying living here. There is also a little extra closet that I have made into almost another room right off the living room, and I hope to be able to share that in the coming weeks. Have a blessed weekend! :)

3 comments:

Jan said...

Love it! BEautiful!
Jan
http://mullismemories.blogspot.com

Jan said...

Love it! BEautiful!
Jan
http://mullismemories.blogspot.com

Tamar SB said...

It looks so nice and cozy! I love all the pillows on your couch! I love seeing other apartment set-ups since I live in one myself!