Friday, April 8, 2011

Stuck in a Rut

Have you ever felt like you were stuck in a rut? I have. I do. Webster's dictionary defines a rut as either "a track worn by habitual passage" or "a usual fixed practice; especially: a monotonous routine". As I look back on the first quarter of this year, I can definitely see how "habitual passage" of life has left me in a rut: the loss of my job, a large cut in pay, the death of Mrs. Ruby (not to mention the daily hardships of life) have left me tired. I used to feel guilty for feeling tired. Over-worked and exhausted were a part of my daily routine because of obligations to other people. As I have grown, I have realized that I am not responsible for everyone else. I have to take care of me. As I struggle with thoughts of sadness, I am reminded "to choose joy". As Easter approaches, I remember 2000 years ago that Jesus died for me. He died for me in order that I may experience life to the fullest, which includes joy. Life isn't all roses and candy, but I must believe that I am supposed to experience joy and embrace happiness in whatever form that it surrounds me. I must be grateful and remember that He will not leave me stranded. Today- I choose joy!

No comments: